Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Edvard Munch- Scream

Why do I begin with Munch?
Honestly speaking I haven't got even slightest idea.
Maybe because his "Scream" made me come up with a plan for this blog.
Maybe because that painting is, even for laymen, one of the most known art works in the world. Or maybe 'cause it brings me on mind autumn anxiety and depression. Nevertheless, somehow I decided it will be a perfect beginning. And the more I got to know about Edvard Munch and his art, the more my choice turned out to be right.
I met a man full of obsessions, haunted by childhood tragedies and torn in his lovelife. A true artist with passion for his work, reflecting his fear, mental instability and pursue for the answer to questions of the truth about human being.
.
"My art is rooted in a single reflection: why am I not as others are? Why was there a curse on my cradle? Why did I come into the world without any choice?
My art gives meaning to my life."
.
Edvard Munch
.
.

.

More to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!